Mr. C. Thomas Biggs (you can call him "Tom") is a Durham native and lifelong Durham resident. Tom was raised in southwest Durham and attended Duke University, where he received his undergraduate of law and joined the North Carolina Bar in 1962. Tom lives in southwest Durham to this day, along with his wife, Mary Ann. Tom has three children, Patricia, Charles and Jon, and two grandchildren. His son, Jon, practiced at Stubbs Cole with him for 22 years.
Tom has concentrated his law practice in residential and commercial real estate law for a period of more than 50 years. His extensive knowledge of the Durham community, its history, the design of building structures, and the land’s topography makes Tom uniquely qualified to represent home buyers, builders, developers, and lenders with all types of real estate transactions. Tom is a BV-rated attorney with Martindale-Hubbell and was recently recognized by the Durham 14th district Judicial Bar Association for practicing law in Durham for more than 50 years.
- Durham County Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Boards and Experience
- American Institute of Banking, Lecturer
- Duke University Physicians Assistants School, Lecturer
- North Durham Rotary Club, Past President
- Duke Durham Alumni Association, Past President
- Adult Oncology House of Durham, Inc., Member Board of Directors
- AV-Rated Preminent Martindale-Hubbell Attorney
- North Carolina Top-Rated Lawyers (McClatchy Media)